Monday 26 December 2011

Homemade Christmas Roundup!

Well, Christmas is done and dusted for another year! I can't help feeling relieved! I was up really late on Christmas Eve wrapping presents and making food-based gifts that couldn't be kept long. The past couple of days have been blissful though, if only for being rid of the niggling “I still need to make this, I have to hurry and finish that” thoughts! Soooo good to be done! I was given some truly lovely gifts this year too. Thanks to friends and family. <3

Guess what? The Boyfriend's mum saw the Christmas card holding tree that I made my Nana and has requested that I make her one next year! Result! Must've looked good then!

I did learn a lot from having a homemade Christmas however:
  1. Working 50+ hour weekends in split shifts does not leave a lot of time for crafting, family, The Boyfriend and friends, and all of them require a lot of dedicated time in the run up to Christmas!
  2. Cellophane is evil.
  3. Sometimes you can buy things more cheaply than you can make them.
  4. Continuous crafting takes up A LOT of space! My room is still full of boxes, fabric, gift wrap and various Christmas-type accessories.
  5. Tissue paper and crepe paper are not good choices of wrapping paper if you have a cat that likes to rub up against things!
  6. People do actually appreciate the time you spent something specially for them, rather than another generic set of shower gel.
  7. I need a lot more practise!!
I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. I've eaten far too much the past couple of days, but spent the time with all my favourite people. :) 

Merry Christmas! 

3 comments:

Frugal Down Under said...

Now lets all start our gifts for next Christmas and Birthdays and maybe we wont be so pushed for time.

Unfortunately this wouldn't work with me as I am too disorganised, change my mind about stuff and procrastinate.

Pamela said...

Merry Christmas, Bryallen. Now you can use those crafting supplies to practice over the next year, lol. Hats off to you for sticking with it.

lizzie said...

You did great ! I find a mixture of hand-made and bought is great. I think framed photos were one of my best gifts this year and so easy to put together.