Friday 27 January 2012

Warning: UK Fuel Price Hike

If you go down to the pumps today, you're sure of a big surprise.
 
A combination of an oil refinery closure and tanker driver strikes means that UK fuel costs are set to rise over the weekend to the highest ever prices. If you have a little spare money, you might want to fill up your tank this evening to save a few pence over the next few weeks.

I will fill up at the cheaper prices today because I seriously begrudge paying any more than I have to!

3 comments:

Scarlet said...

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll pop out later and put my usual £40 in.

cumbrian said...

Didn't know that, looks like I'm filling up tonight as well.

Meanqueen said...

Yes I saw that after I got back from my trip. Wish I'd known earlier as I would have put more petrol in than I did. I don't like making a special trip just to fill up, 10 mile round trip, and I'm not planning on driving anywhere for at least a week or two. Hope the price comes back down again by the time I am ready to buy some.