Monday 31 December 2012

Goodbye 2012!

2012 has been a great year for me in many ways.

Good:

Guess what; I even kept (some of) my New Year's Resolutions!

  • Had 100 No Spend Days. In fact I had a lot more than this, but I could still do better next year!
  • Recorded every penny coming in or out, which I am currently analysing to see how I did
  • I DID find my perfect PhD! :)
I still spent a fair amount of time online, but definitely got out more too! I think this year I need to restrict my internet usage whilst at home to get more out of life!

Ehhh... the weight loss goal was the biggest fail. I still weigh the same as when I worked in restaurants and ate their food every day! This will be addressed big time in the coming year!


The only truly BAD things that happened to me (as far as I can remember) were that my lovely cat died, and that Jools the Peugeot broke down several times, leaving me dangerously stuck on the edge of the main dual carriageway through Cornwall TWICE this year!


This blog grew a lot this year too, with popular posts including:

How much should you give to charity?
My plan to lower our bills
Student loans: why you shouldn't pay it back early!

I think that shows that whilst people are trying to cut back on their expenses to survive another year of the recession, they are still thinking of others less fortunate than themselves. I know this is the case for me!


How was your 2012? I hope you are happier and healthier than you were a year ago! Any plans for seeing in the new year? I'm going to watch the fireworks in the rain! :D

Best wishes to you and your family and have a wonderful 2013! 

No comments: